Vital Health Publishing Young Writers Contest Rules
The Vital Health Publishing Young Writers Contest begins on June 1, 2022 and ends on September 1, 2022
Topic: Healthy World
Eligibility & Entry Guidelines
- Entrants must be between the ages of 8 and 15 and will be divided into 2 groups for judging: 8 to 11 years old and 12 to 15 years old.
- Children of employees of Vital Health Publishing and judges are not eligible.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Single author stories only.
- Stories can be fact or fiction, and prose or poetry.
- Any failure to adhere to these Contest Rules may result in disqualification from the contest.
- No purchase is necessary.
Word Count and Content
- Pieces must be a minimum of 800 and a maximum of 1200 words.
- Children who cannot write/type may dictate their story.
- Stories must be submitted in English.
Official Entry Form
- Each entry must include the required signature of a parent/guardian confirming that the story is original, and granting certain rights to the entry materials (see “Rights Associated with Contest”below).
Judging, Prizes & Notification
Entries will be judged on originality, creative expression, and storytelling. The Vital Health Publishing Judges Panel will judge all submissions from the two categories (8 to 11 years old and 12 to 15 years old). Judges will use the following criteria: creativity, originality, story structure, relevance and quality. All decisions of the judges are final and not subject to appeal or review. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified in December 2022. Each winner’s story will be posted on the Vital Health Publishing website. There are six prizes: one first-place prize of $200 for each category, one-second place prize of $100 per category, and one third-place prize of $50 per category. Prize recipients must allow a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks from notification to delivery. Prizes are non-transferable.
Rights Associated with Contest
Submission of the Entry Form constitutes permission for Vital Health Publishing to use the participants’ name, likeness, biographical information, information and materials contained in the Entry Form, photographs, and any statements or remarks made about the Contest in advertising and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to abide by the above-stated rules and warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe upon or violate rights of any third party, and grant to Vital Health Publishing the right to edit, publish, promote, and otherwise use their entry materials without permission, notice or compensation. No royalties will be paid at this or any time. By submitting an Entry Form, each participant (and parent or guardian) agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. Each participant (and parent or guardian) agrees to release and hold Vital Health Publishing and their employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated companies harmless from any and all damages, losses, claims, and liabilities arising out of participation in the Contest or resulting from acceptance or claiming of any prize hereunder. Vital Health Publishing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel the Contest at any time. Income and all other taxes are the responsibility of the prize recipient. Vital Health Publishing is not responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with participation in the Contest.
Young Writers Contest Entry Form
Deadline for receipt of entries and entry address is Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Only one entry per child
- Only single author stories (no co-authors)
- Story must be original work of the child
- Story may be fact or fiction, prose or poetry
- Children who can’t write may dictate their story
- Entries must be submitted in the English language